The Water Broke and I Was Ready!
Here’s a snapshot of my story:
- September 19, 2017: I quit my job.
- September 19, 2017: I called my discipleship leader, and I cried. I had no back-up plan, no other source of income, and no idea what to do. She prayed with me, told me not to lose my faith, and she reiterated several times that things would work out. I held on to that.
- September 20, 2017: A friend randomly posted a job opportunity in a group chat. I showed up at 12:30 p.m. to meet with the boss, and learned very quickly that I was in an interview. Two women, both beautiful, both energetic, but one particular woman was very warm. She looked happy. She was peaceful. She was my comfort zone. Two hours later, I received a call and was offered a full-time position. My start date would be September 21, 2017.
For the first time in years, I saw God move the mountains. I could feel the shift. I could feel that I was riding on the prayers of those who loved me. I decided to openly share my story with the women in my Life Group and close friends. Through that transparency, I realized that my story was more for my witnesses than it was for me. I stayed patient. I kept stretching. I saw God move.
As of June 25, 2018 I have accepted a full-time, permanent position at the same institution.
Why does any of this matter? During this season, I had to get ready so that when the water broke I would be ready to deliver. This requires humility, strategy, faith, and movement. I stayed connected to my community. I continued to serve with my time and talent even though my treasure was weak.
The God of grace in my situation is the same God of grace in your life. He is already working things out, positioning people around you to get you where you are supposed to be. He is working on things that we cannot see. In the midst of turmoil and chaos, confusion and distraction, or even in the midst of frustration and impatience make sure that you are preparing yourself.
Your water will break—you will receive a breakthrough, an opportunity, a promotion, a change in circumstances. Will you be ready to deliver? Do you have a plan for how you will let God use you in the increase? If not…start today.
How to prepare:
- Be consistent. Keep your relationship with the Word of God strong. Do not neglect this time of preparation. If you aren’t focused and disciplined here, you’ll be just as weak in every other area of your life.
- Get your mind and body right. Take time to explore self-care. Do you feel like your best self?
- Set some goals. Right them down. Stick to them. That simple.
- Make adjustments not excuses. “I’m too busy,” “I don’t have time,” “I’m not happy,” etc. are all excuses.